I came across this book tag on Bookish Rita recently and loved Rita’s answers so much that I’ve decided to join in. If you want to do this tag as well, you’re welcome to join in!
R U L E S:
🐚 Mention the creator of the tag and link back to the original post: Alexandra @ Reading by Starlight
🐚Thank the blogger who tagged you
🐚 Answer the 10 questions below
🐚 Tag 5+ friends
1. Secrets and lies: a book set in a sleepy small town
2. Salt and sand: a book with a beach-side community
Salt on Your Tongue by Charlotte Runcie is all about women and the sea so perfect for this category
3. Here there be dragons: a book with a voyage on the high seas
4. Tread lightly: a book set down a murky river or a jungle
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie a wonderful murder mystery set on a river cruise down the infamous Nile river in Egypt
5. Frozen wastes: a book with a frost bitten atmosphere
The Chosen by Kristina Ohlsson a twisty thriller set in Stockholm during the winter
6. The boonies: a book with ruff or isolated terrain
I loved this audio version of Cheryl Strayed’s memoir walking the Pacific Crest Trail and highly recommend it.
7. Hinterlands and cowboys: a book with a Western-esque setting
Mr Majestk by Elmore Leonard was definitely like reading a western in 1970s America
8. Look lively: a book set across sweeping desert sands
Jasmine Nights by Julia Gregson was a wonderful WW2 romance set in North Africa
9. Wild and untamed: a book set in the heart of the woods
I’m not keen on forests so I don’t actively set out to read books set in them. However I did love this series and of course this is the first book.
10. Wildest dreams: a whimsical book shrouded in magic
This book has lots of magic in it. I mean how magical is that wardrobe?
I’m not going to tag anyone, but please free to join if you like 😀